Joe Biden has demanded the Covid-19 recovery efforts be equitable & just, and has designed a plan which targets minorities for assistance, while helping all Americans.
Black Americans are dying of Covid-19 at three times the rate
(6) of white people. This is because of a lack of access to health care, less-flexible work conditions, and a greater rate of underlying conditions
(7) such as hypertension, obesity, diabetes, and lung disease (largely due to environmental and food inequity). While the economic plight facing black Americans is particularly acute (before the pandemic, the net worth of a typical white family was nearly ten times
(8) greater than that of a black family), 90% of African American-owned
(9) businesses were denied a PPP loan. Biden's plan
(10) includes eliminating healthcare disparities, making Covid-19 testing and treatment free, establishing and enforcing national health and safety standards for workplaces, and reserving half of additional PPP loans for businesses with less than 50 employees, “so the bigger and more well-connected aren’t able to win in a first-come, first-served race”.